1. Selfies dominate Instagram. A quick search for #selfie reveals nearly 300 million (287,793,861) photos. That doesn’t include variants on the “selfie” hashtag either.
2. Roughly one-quarter of all Fortune 500 companies have an official Instagram account. For some reason, they generally post things on Thursdays.
3. The most popular time to post photos on Instagram and receive interactions is between 8 and 9 PM.
4. On average, 5.2 million photos are uploaded to Instagram every day.
5. At the time of this writing, there are almost 35 billion photos uploaded to Instagram. That amounts to approximately 4.7 photos for every human being on the planet!
6. Over 80% of all photos posted to Instagram are tagged with a hashtag.
7. New York City is the most commonly geotagged city in the world. Considering 40% of Instagram users live in the United States and New York is the biggest city in the country, this isn’t altogether surprising.
8. Instagram generates over 1.2 billion likes every single day!
9. All the photos posted to Instagram in a single day, printed out to 300 dots per inch (DPI), would cover Vatican City twice a week!
10. The most active day on Instagram? Thanksgiving.