1. If you are looking to connect with other professionals, LinkedIn is your best bet – one out of every three professionals have a professional LinkedIn profile.
2. Representatives from every single Fortune 500 company are represented on LinkedIn, making LinkedIn a great place to be if you’re a professional on the rise.
3. Although LinkedIn is a free service, almost 40% of their users pay for special features the social network provides.
4. Perhaps not unrelated to the above fact, at least 41% of all millionaires in the US have a LinkedIn profile.
5. Unlike other social networks that feature a single app providing mobile access to their website, LinkedIn actually has five different apps for different functions: LinkedIn, LinkedIn Connected, LinkedIn Pulse, LinkedIn Recruiter and SlideShare.
6. 94% of all recruiters have active profiles on LinkedIn. In a surprising contrast, a mere 36% of job seekers have the same. Furthermore, 89% of those recruiters have hired someone through the social networking service, meaning there are a lot of job seekers with missed opportunities!
7. 77% of all available jobs are posted on LinkedIn, and 48% of those jobs are not advertised on any other social networking site. That makes LinkedIn one of the single best resources on the entire internet!
8. 2 new people sign up for LinkedIn every second. That is approximately 120 people per minute, 7200 people per hour and 172,800 people every single day!
9. There are over 3,000,000 companies represented on LinkedIn. There’s a very good chance that includes a company you want to work for!
10. LinkedIn have active profiles in 200 countries. This includes China, which prohibits both Facebook and Twitter.