1. In 2013, Twitter users sent about one billion tweets a week. Today, one billion tweets are sent every two days.
2. Justin Bieber has over 90,000,000 followers on Twitter – more than the population of Germany! However, a detailed analysis suggests that at least half of those followers are fake accounts!
3. Although they were founded in the first few months of 2006, they didn’t actually generate any profit until the final quarter of 2015!
4. A single days’ worth of tweets would fill up 10 million pages if printed out at once!
5. In 2012, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez rewarded his 3,000,000th follower, 19 year old Natalia Valdivieso, with a free home!
6. Starbucks is mentioned by hashtag an average of ten times every second. That’s 600 times every minute and almost 15,000 times a day!
7. You might want to be more creative with your passwords. At least 120,000 different Twitter users use the same 123456 password!
8. If you’ve ever wondered why Twitter posts are limited to 140 characters, it’s because that used to be the maximum allowed on old SMS phones.
9. It costs $200,000 to promote a trend on Twitter!
10. Ellen DeGeneres’ famous tweet at the 2014 Oscars remains the most retweeted post ever. It has been retweeted over 3,000,000 times!